Tuesday, July 7, 2009

what's your comfort???

I caught up with Sailor Lil' on Saturday... it was a lovely couple of hours... she was having some "Finn free" time so we ate Middle Eastern pastries Lil' bought from 'her side of town', we shared a bottle of wine, we talked and laughed and shared visions of semi-retirement...


Irene came down with Louie and the gang on Sunday so I got to spend a few hours with him... I miss that little boy - and it's always hard to say goodbye - a wee weep always follows his departure... I'd love to be living with him in the country - I'm not a 'flat-dweller' - I hate the closeness of so many people - the proximity of strangers - the 'surround sound' noise - the claustrophobic sensation - and the animals are used to more space... Shadow would love the country life... but as 'we've' got another 11 months on the lease here I guess I just get as much debt paid off as possible in that time, save anything that's left - and dream of peace and serenity....


i knew i was coming down with something on Monday, and i woke up this morning with that cotton wool wrapped head feeling, shivers and chills, aching body and knew i wasn't going to be able to go to work... knew it would happen soon - moved into the IT room when I went back to work the other week and both guys had the flu in varying stages - so i wrapped myself up in my doona and laid on the couch with allie most of the day - feeling sorry for myself of course...

I was a bit down by this time - well, downright depressed actually - and at times don't you just crave some good old fashioned comfort food??? I do, and I just had to make myself some cauliflower in cheese sauce, oven-baked with fresh cheesy breadcrumbs - even made the cheese sauce with pure cream - told you, I really was in need of comfort food...


i guess at least now i've got nice blinds to hide behind, to contemplate my future... yes, the horrible orange blinds have gone - replaced by an 'easier on the eyes and mind' colour... a more 'me' colour - another much needed sensory comfort...


and now i'm going to make a cuppa, stretch out on the couch and hope i feel better tomorrow...

2 comments:

Curvy Kitty said...

nice blinds! though i'm starting to feel quite nostalgic for the orange horrors! flat dwelling can take some getting used to. I can remember hiding behind closed blinds... My folks got used to it - they're happy just to be with you. hope you're feeling better now.

Anonymous said...

get well soon wise, and keep dreaming hte good dream of moving end of year.
lily