Sunday, March 8, 2009

think i'm going to like this....

I was given a laptop by a very good friend yesterday - she was upgrading so I was a lucky beneficiary - it's grouse... although not having had (or used) one before, getting used to the keyboard is my major 'obstacle' but it isn't as hard as I thought it would be... just gotta find a comfortable way of typing with the keyboard on a different angle to my desktop pc... but I'll get the hang of it soon... and I'm going to ohhh, sooo enjoy being able to just sit around anywhere and do my blogging!!! - a heartfelt thanks Irene - it means I can be with me old girl Allie no matter where she is!!!!!

been doing a lot of downloading of 'stuff' I use (OpenOffice, Paint.Net, (do like this Open Source software!!!) Irfanview, SpyBot etc.) - deleting stuff I don't use - loading software - far out it takes a lot of time!!!! but doesn't time fly??!!!

Anyway, as it's International Women's Day today I just had to acknowledge sisters all over the world...




unfortunately, violence against women is still high on the agenda with the global United Nations theme being Women and men united to end violence against women and girls... Unifem Australia have also 'adopted' this theme... and if you can afford $185 for a ticket (it is a benefit after all), you might like to check out the International Women's Development Agency international women's day celebration on 22 March (it sounds grouse!!!!)... click the graphic for details...

No comments: