Sunday, September 16, 2012

saving sweet petey...

meet ex-inmate 919942 - ex because she is now part of my family, rescued from the lost dogs home last week...

scanned inmate picture

it's been a big day for a wee girl...

she is sweet, petite and the perfect addition to round out this family! 

we won't ever know her story, but she is around 5 years old, has had many litters of puppies, wasn't spayed or microchipped when she arrived at the lost dogs home as a 'stray' - both procedures have been 'performed' now though - she is similar in size to shadow-lad, but somehow next to the little girl he looks enormous!! (and he's only a wee feline boy!) - he of course has to keep a close eye on her at the moment and follow her everywhere! hmm, maybe stalk her is more to the point! but they seem to be working out a healthy (dis)respect for each other!

i will, of course, share more of this wee one in the following days, but now i have to get ready for the oscar's law rally in melbourne -hopefully it will be even bigger than last year's rally...

 

I WANT OSCAR'S LAW.... NOW!!!

i hope to see you there..........



5 comments:

parlance said...

Congratulations! I hope you and your sweetie have many happy hours together. (Is her name actually Sweet Petey?)

Yes, I was there at the rally and it's all thanks to you. If I hadn't seen it on your blog I wouldn't have marked it in my diary and made sure to be there. I didn't hear about it anywhere else, even though I'm so involved in the dog world.

Thanks for alerting me to it!

proud womon said...

glad i was able to inform parlance...

the wee girl actually was called penelope on her adoption papers... the lost dogs home gave her the name - but it just didn't seem to suit her - once we started calling her petey she responded immediately, i guess she preferred it for her own reasons... no doubt there will be more on her evolving name over the next few posts...

i was very disappointed at the news services lack of publicity about the rally tonight... nothing on the abc news, channel 7 had a piece - their figure put the crowd at 2000 - usually conservative - i thought around 3 thousand people from my view - enough i would have thought to warrant newsworthiness!!

i think we're both writing about oscar's law in our next posts!!!

parlance said...

Yes, I was surprised to open The Age this morning and see such a small article, so far into the paper.

But it takes time to change things that involve vested interests and organised greed.

larrythelibrarian said...

Sharon,She is gorgeous and I can't wait to meet her. I am so happy that you have a dog in your life again.

Bea Elliott said...

Hooray for Sweet Pete! Hooray for you! Sorry your Oscar's Law protest didn't get the amount of press coverage you wanted... I can never figure what gets them to report on an item or not - Sometimes it's just internal politics - Or the other "pressing" news of the day.

In any case - I know the message of puppy mills is spreading. When we do our demos here in Florida the cars all "bark" and honk to support us! I'm sure it's just a matter of pushing it further till these miserable places will be banned entirely!