Debra Tranter, animal liberation activist and rescuer, says "to look into the eyes of a confined dog and into the next and the next and the next and the next makes you feel like you’re on the edge of your sanity. Their eyes scream a silent agony of despair, their spirits broken. I can’t pick up 400 dogs put them in my car and leave, all I can do is film they’re suffering and get the footage out there because the truth cannot be changed until it can be seen. " the following is some of that footage... (my old girl allie only just survived one of these death camps...)
According to Death Row Pets "250,000 healthy, but unwanted cats and dogs are killed in Australian pounds each year" and they have 5 ideas to stop this slaughter that they'd like to see turned into a reality:
- Restrict the sale of cats and dogs to ethical regulated breeders, pounds and animal shelters
- Stop all sources of mass production of kittens and puppies for profit i.e. stop puppy and kitten farms and backyard breeders
- Achieve widespread desexing of all pets
- Increase the re-homing rate in pounds and shelters via better low-kill policies
- And of course educate everyone on responsible and caring pet ownership...
please, visit the sites mentioned - people really need to know what's going on and to what extent...
END THE SILENCE
END THE PUPPY FACTORIES
END THE CRUELTY